Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Rey Mysterio could quit!!!

domingo, 14 de junio de 2009.



- Rey Mysterio's WWE status remains the week's biggest mystery. Earlier this week, rumors, supported by the fact that Mysterio missed this week's television taping, claimed that the wrestler had quit WWE. Numerous media outlets quickly noted that Mysterio's absence was a scheduled break to nurse lingering injuries; it thus could not be used as evidence to support rumors of his giving notice.As the weekend rolled in, F4WOnline.com reported that while Mysterio had not, in fact, quit the company, he did have ongoing issues with WWE management. That source added Saturday evening that Mysterio's heat with WWE officials is a two-sided conflict over "money issues." More details were not available.Interestingly, F4WOnline's report only focuses on the tension between the two parties--it does not directly address the significance Mysterio's injury played in explaining his absence. In any event, Mysterio is not expected to leave WWE over the conflict.

- In an interview with the Charlotte Observer, former WWE Champion Randy Orton says he hopes to follow a different path than industry veterans like Ric Flair.Though he does not mention "The Nature Boy" by name in the relevant quote, it is clear that Orton does not believe wrestlers like Flair epitomize his ideal wrestling legacy.“I don't want to put myself in a position where financially I need to perform when I'm 60 or 50 or even in my mid-40s. There will be a time when I'm a dad of two or three and I just want to be at home with my family," says Orton.Orton nonetheless praises Flair's contribution to his success as a WWE performer.He offers, “He was one of my mentors when I started. If it wasn't for him and Triple H and my father [former wrestler Cowboy Bob Orton], I wouldn't be where I am now."

- There is talk that the supposed "four month" absence for Batista might be overstated hype on WWE's part. Sources have conflicted on the matter - some say he will take more time off (and not return until the Royal Rumble), while others believe he can return as soon as Summerslam. What is certain, however, is that Batista is indeed injured and did indeed undergo surgery - rumors to the contrary are absolutely false.

Comentários:

Publicar un comentario

 
WWE Rumors © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |